About Me

Who hasn't dreamed of taking over the world? And who hasn't heard the phrase, "follow your dreams" before? Put those two together, and you're left with the inevitable. Now, you may be thinking I'm crazy to post my secret blueprints and progress updates online, and that may be true. On the other hand, what's an Evil Overlord without her secret, yet oddly accessible, Lair?

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Phase One, Day 48: The Fighting Kakapos Would be a Kick-Ass High School Sports Team

Since my last entry, I have spent every spare moment, it feels like, trying to beat that typography midterm back into the depths in slunk out of. I found tutorials, I changed a typeface, I have spent hours all over again fighting with tiny wriggling details, trying to make them submit to the power of my will.

But what of the Plan? What is this world coming to, that I have made it nearly 50 days without seeing an end to Phase One? The other day, I walked by a bowl heaping with packets of mayonnaise and didn't even blink. I ask you, where is the justice??

So today, I have some progress to report: I have been researching, and I have found a potential site for the first physical Lair. The neighborhood is sound, the rent is reasonable. I plan to contact my cousin and see if we can start touring the area and looking at places soon.

See, this is the thing about being an Overlord. Tenacity. When you rule the world, you wake up every morning and it is still there, and people are still trying to do stupid things, and keyboards will refuse to type the letters you are clearly pressing and you will have to go back 80,000 times in one paragraph so as not to publish something with typos peppered everywhere, and you will still have to rule the world when you are done. No pulling covers back over your head, unless you are in the Useless Days and no one is paying attention. Aspiring nemeses are going to appear and have to be dealt with, and the staff need their leader looking as bright and animated as they are. If you're going to have a kakapo day, you come back and make sure you're a fighting kakapo.

Mmph. I wish someone would make me a "World's Best Overlord" coffee mug. When I rule the world, I totally get a coffee mug, right? And a cat? With all the kittens everywhere, surely we can spare one to stay small and play with me and actually grow into a cat. No white fluffy or totally bald thing, either. Just a normal, orange or gray or brown or black-and-white cat that will pad around the Lair and sharpen its claws on my desk, even when I spritz it with the spray bottle, and rub around the minions' legs when they are trying to do work. Ooh, or a calico. Yes. I want a coffee mug and a calico cat. Empath: Can we check the budget for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment